Coverage Area

If I could leave zero stars I would. I switched to GVTC from TWC 10 days ago. Since we had been experiencing intermittent outages and slowdowns with TWC, it was summer and the kids were going to hog up the internet I need for my research, and GVTC had sent us a card for free installation and a 30 day free trial for fiberoptic internet speeds double what I was getting with TWC, I figured now was a good time to make the switch.

I called GVTC on 6/16 and luckily (or so I thought at the time) an appointment was readily available. I fell for all their cheerful promises and agreed to try their service.

Two techs came out and pretended to install the equipment and set up the internet on Saturday, 6/20/15. I say "pretend" because this is what we found after I stupidly relied on their word that everything was "up and running:"

1. Cable was only working on 1 t.v. (one had to have the remote configured, one was still downloading and took 7 hours to complete).

2. Internet network was NOT set up at all. It appears all they did was plug the modem into the wall.

3. The tech who came out to run the fiber 2 days before our installation appointment left it hanging, saying that someone would be out to fix it. We figured the techs who came for installation would do so. Before they left, we asked if they did so, and they said someone else would come out to do that.

When I called customer support, literally minutes after the (rude!) techs left - before they could've even have driven out of the gate of our community - I was told they could not send them back, and the best they could do (after an hour of useless plugging/unplugging equipment) was refer it to senior tech support. The person I spoke to promised they would call back in 2 days.

Meanwhile, my kids were busy looking up GVTC reviews on their phone and poking fun at me for not having done so in the first place. (I readily admit to have suffered a serious lapse in judgment on this point, given the terrible reviews for their service!)

If this was how GVTC worked during installation and the free 30 day trial, I couldn't imagine how bad they would be once the 30 days was up and we were stuck with a year contract. So I decided right then and there to cancel and called TWC to hook us back up. (See my review on TWC about this experience.)

Before I could call them on Monday (they're customer service is closed on the weekend), on Monday morning I received a call from customer support to schedule for a tech to come out and run a line for t.v. in one of the upstairs bedrooms. I told them they hadn't even properly installed anything, and in fact I just wanted to cancel everything. I filled their rep in on everything that had happened, and she told me she was going to email tech support to have them call and set up when they would be out to pick up all their equipment and wires.

At about 3:30 I received a call from tech support guy telling me they had remotely set up our network and we could access it. I told him had actually noticed on Sunday that the network was showing up, but it was still not working because it wouldn't accept the password the techs had left with us (one of the techs wrote it on the installation receipt). He read off the password, which was 1 digit off. I then told him I had already let customer service know earlier in the day that we were cancelling, and thought his call was to set an appointment to pick up the equipment. He didn't know anything about it and said someone else would call.

On Thursday afternoon, I again called GVTC to pick up the equipment, since no one had called. The woman I spoke with said she would email tech support and a supervisor about the request. I asked her to copy me on that email, gave her my email address, and she said she would.

As of today, 6/29/15, I have received no email or phone call about picking up the equipment.

So I called again just before noon today. After waiting on hold for over 17 minutes, I spoke to a woman named Stacey, at 830-885-8390, who said there's not even a record of my account ever having been created or that we even had equipment installed, never mind of all the previous conversations and events. I told her I want to know where I can drop off the equipment, as a last resort, since I certainly don't want 30 days to pass and incur a $300 cancellation fee. She told me that she will call me back later today and let me know what's going on.

Well, I received a call the next day and she told me that their system showed I was not being charged for the equipment and someone would be contacting me about picking it up. It's now days later (7/10/15) and not one peep from anyone at GVTC.

Oh, and by the way? We entered the correct password for the one day before we had TWC reinstalled just to test their speed, and GVTC internet is SLOW!!!! Not even close to the 40 Mbps they promised.

saadfamily wrote the review because of "almost all of the above!" at Gvtc. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Gvtc to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Gvtc gvtc bundle service for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Spring Branch, Texas, United States #1006843

They should provide Vaseline with their packages!